Monday, October 27, 2014

The Puppet Journey

Puppet implementation

Implementing puppet started out as something that I believed would go fairly smooth. However, there were several hiccups along the road that caused me some headaches, most of which were due to my own error and the environment I was working in. Now I think I have got it all fairly buttoned down and have got a basic 3 machine Sensu environment setup that includes a Sensu server, RabbitMQ server, and Redis server (managed with Sentinel). The next step will be to expand this infrastructure to include 3 Sensu server, 2 RabbitMQ servers, and 3 Redis servers (with Sentinel). This 8 machine environment will become the dev environment and will initially serve as a testing platform to get a feel for the ease of use of Sensu and possibly integrate Sensu with Consul later on. Also getting the 8 vm environment up and running (correctly) will mark the next milestone in my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment